Saturday 15 November 2014

About Myself - Inspirational Teaching

My history:
My name is Clarice and I’m a full time private tutor specializing in GCE O’Level Elementary and Additional Mathematics, and PSLE Mathematics.

I started offering Maths tuition to students 6 years ago when I was still working my full-time job in a financial institution. I enjoy imparting my skills to students so much that I decide to give up my well-paid job to devote myself in teaching. Besides imparting skills, one very important aspect I believe that help students to place their trust in me is INSPIRE. Inspirational teaching helps a student to change from within to aim for higher achievements and believe in themselves that they are capable to handle what they cannot earlier on, with the right mindset, coupled with knowledge and skills.


I derive my satisfaction and joy from seeing students who first came to me with fails/marginal passes and then achieved distinctions (‘A’s) in their O’ or N' Level and PSLE results. My approach is to simplify complicated concepts, carefully select commonly tested questions and come up with out of the box examples to help students relate better.



My credentials:
PSLE Maths (Ai Tong Primary School): A*
A/E Maths (St. Nicholas' Girls' School): A1s
Maths C/ F Maths (Anderson Junior College): A/B
NTU: Bachelor of Business (Banking & Finance) - 2nd upper class honors

1 comment:

  1. The scoring system in PSLE employs T-scores, which rank students based on their performance relative to their peers.

    Read more: PSLE Exam

    ReplyDelete